Accredited Schools with MFT Degree Programs
The Board is in the process of reviewing all graduate LMFT programs in California. The Board has asked each program to submit updates for this review. The results of this review will be posted to this page, during Fall 2015.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Steven Tierney at (916) 574-7821, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For California licensing purposes, accredited schools are those institutions that are accredited by one of the following established organizations:
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (MSA).
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (NCA).
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Notice to All California residents
If you are enrolled in or considering an online degree program that is based in another state, please be aware that your degree will be evaluated in accordance with California in-state degree requirements. Please contact your school to ensure that the program integrates the California-specific content required of California residents. This coursework must be integrated into the program and cannot be remediated post-degree. Therefore, it is imperative that the California-specific requirements are included in the degree program.