California Business and Professions code §4990.16 states “Protection of the public shall be the highest priority for the board in exercising its licensing, regulatory, and disciplinary functions. Whenever the protection of the public is inconsistent with other interests sought to be promoted, the protection of the public shall be paramount.”
To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record, and the most recent list is published on this page. Additionally, consumers may find it helpful to review the information for obtaining copies of Enforcement Actions, Documents or Publications or Consumer Complaint Information.
VERIFY LICENSES ON-LINE
To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record. Consumers may view pending and prior enforcement actions by looking up a licensee or registrant on the Board’s license verification page.
Enforcement Actions - September 2016
- Judy Loraine Boers, LEP 2412
- Louella T. Chapman, LMFT 41179
- Janet Marie Congo, LMFT 31599
- Martin Christopher Dee, LPCC 1039
- Jodi Liza Klugman-Rabb, LMFT 40563
- Frederic M. Luskin, LMFT 29624
- Cynthia Ann Mansur, LMFT 51119
- Kelli Ann Lucas-Marsaglia, LEP 3221
- Peggy W. Mutinda, LPCC 1142
- Susan Thompson San Tara, LMFT 43157
- Amrit Schneider, LCSW 29231
- Samuel Mark Schwarzmer, LEP 2172
- Margaret Skogen, LMFT 41007
- Kate Miller Thompson, LCSW 65080
ACCUSATION and PETITION to REVOKE PROBATION
- Sharlamaine Constance Hayes, LCSW 16197
ACCUSATION & PETITION TO REVOKE PROBATION
- Robert Anthony Ponce, ASW 60924
PETITION to REVOKE PROBATION
- Lisa Fanchette Allen, LMFT 32737
- Yomara L. Davis, LCSW 28091
- Sterling Reginald Harris, LCSW 9788
- Larissa Ashlen Files, IMF 77836
- Luis Alberto Velasco, IMF 79975
- Judy Virginia Brevaire, LMFT 32458
- Jessica Cuthbert, IMF 66452
- Behjat Khani, ASW 32022
- Corey G. Nash, ASW 34850
- Jennifer Marie Nickel, IMF 95362
- James Patrick Patalano, IMF 68564
- Ronald James Ryan, LMFT 39611
Glossary of Terms related to Enforcement Actions
Citation: An Administrative action, usually including a fine, for violations of the statutes and regulations enforced by the Board.
Accusation: A written statement of charges which shall set forth in ordinary and concise language the acts or omissions with which the respondent is charged, to the end that the respondent will be able to prepare his defense.
Revocation, or revoked: The license or registration is revoked as a result of enforcement action rendered by the Board. No practice is permitted.
Suspension: The licensee or registrant is prohibited from practicing for a specific period of time.
Stayed: The revocation or suspension is postponed, and the licensee or registrant is put on probation.
Probation: The licensee or registrant may continue to practice under specific terms and conditions.
Voluntary Surrender / Surrender of License: The licensee or registrant turns in the license or registration while charges are still pending. The right to practice is ended.
Public Reprimand: The licensee or registrant is issued a letter of reprimand resulting from an enforcement action or pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 495.
Effective Decision Date: The date the enforcement action goes into operation.
Writ of Mandate: The licensee or registrant has appealed the Board's Decision to the Superior Court.
Stay: The Board or Court has ordered the Board's Decision to not be enforced pending further action.