California Business and Professions code §4990.16 states “Protection of the public shall be the highest priority for the board in exercising its licensing, regulatory, and disciplinary functions. Whenever the protection of the public is inconsistent with other interests sought to be promoted, the protection of the public shall be paramount.”
To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record, and the most recent list is published on this page. Additionally, consumers may find it helpful to review the information for obtaining copies of Enforcement Actions, Documents or Publications or Consumer Complaint Information.
VERIFY LICENSES ON-LINE
To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record. Consumers may view pending and prior enforcement actions by looking up a licensee or registrant on the Board’s license verification page.
Enforcement Actions - May 2016
- Mary Ruth Cross, LMFT 3193
- Beverly Diane Galloway, LMFT 23799
- Dulcie Lee Jacobus, IMF 61353
- Miriam L. Iosupovici, LMFT 12270
PETITION TO REVOKE PROBATION
- Michael John Rubino III, LMFT 33900
- Andrea N. Anjomshoaa, ASW 60201
- Paul Foster Brock, LCSW 28626
- Alice Eda Carroll, LCSW 12910
- Wyatt A. Darling, LMFT 54058
- Erika Isabel Esparza, IMF 68234
- Ernest Gregory Hovivian, LMFT 41825
- Kathryn A. Mastrogiovanni, LMFT 39797
- Lisa Moroney Metcalf, LCSW 20168
- Brenda Marie Rees, LCSW 9548
- Bettina Chavez Reynoso, ASW 29759
- Barbara Ann Welch, LCSW 20111
- Shahla Faith Chapman, IMF 92967
- Benjamin David Greene, IMF 70460
- Rene Sanchez Mesa, ASW 34222
- Erica Witney Model, IMF 80327
- Stella Monday, LMFT 22363
- Staci Louise Montgomery, IMF 73364
- Katherine Andrea Morales, IMF 70585
- Carol Louise Sand aka Carol Louise Richard, IMF 92833
- Cheryl L. Robinson, IMF 72125
- Caroline Amber Sheehan, ASW 33502
- Juan C. Vasquez, LCSW 12876
Glossary of Terms related to Enforcement Actions
Citation: An Administrative action, usually including a fine, for violations of the statutes and regulations enforced by the Board.
Accusation: A written statement of charges which shall set forth in ordinary and concise language the acts or omissions with which the respondent is charged, to the end that the respondent will be able to prepare his defense.
Revocation, or revoked: The license or registration is revoked as a result of enforcement action rendered by the Board. No practice is permitted.
Suspension: The licensee or registrant is prohibited from practicing for a specific period of time.
Stayed: The revocation or suspension is postponed, and the licensee or registrant is put on probation.
Probation: The licensee or registrant may continue to practice under specific terms and conditions.
Voluntary Surrender / Surrender of License: The licensee or registrant turns in the license or registration while charges are still pending. The right to practice is ended.
Public Reprimand: The licensee or registrant is issued a letter of reprimand resulting from an enforcement action or pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 495.
Effective Decision Date: The date the enforcement action goes into operation.
Writ of Mandate: The licensee or registrant has appealed the Board's Decision to the Superior Court.
Stay: The Board or Court has ordered the Board's Decision to not be enforced pending further action.