California Business and Professions code §4990.16 states “Protection of the public shall be the highest priority for the board in exercising its licensing, regulatory, and disciplinary functions. Whenever the protection of the public is inconsistent with other interests sought to be promoted, the protection of the public shall be paramount.”
To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record, and the most recent list is published on this page. Additionally, consumers may find it helpful to review the information for obtaining copies of Enforcement Actions, Documents or Publications or Consumer Complaint Information.
VERIFY LICENSES ON-LINE
To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record. Consumers may view pending and prior enforcement actions by looking up a licensee or registrant on the Board’s license verification page.
Enforcement Actions - January 2017
- Lloyd Charles Bronstein, LMFT 41742
- Lesa Jeanette Lorraine, LEP 2403
- Sohila Sakuei, LMFT 53517
- Hilary Beth Trout, LEP 2729
PETITION to REVOKE PROBATION
- Kara Valerie Miller, LMFT 40210
- Julie Anne Montoya, IMF 80605
- Marvin Paul Cohen, LMFT 41362
- Kathryn Ellen Farrelly, LMFT 52691
- Veneisha Debbian Johnson, LMFT 47382
- Christian Anthony Perez, LMFT 45697
- Rachel Azevedo, LCSW 75282
- Alex Sheldon Baker, ASW 29028
- Alice Eda Carroll, LCSW 12910
- Dilyse Louise Diaz, LMFT 37656
- Alexandra Jeanine Davies, LMFT 51411
- Yomara L. Davis, LCSW 28091
- Toby Wayne Golden, IMF 82516
- Patrick Warren Holley, LCSW 23275
- Joy Adale Horsfall, LCSW 25023
- Michael Leeds, LMFT 14074
- Erik Monsen, LCSW 15907
- Joseph Gary Lee Neves, IMF 92259
- Tonya Pray, LMFT 46321
- Adam Martin Schilling, IMF 93298
- Scott David Songer, IMF 66700
- Cinda Lee Tejeras, LCSW 27684
- Marvin Dennis Todd, LCSW 4759
Glossary of Terms related to Enforcement Actions
Citation: An Administrative action, usually including a fine, for violations of the statutes and regulations enforced by the Board.
Accusation: A written statement of charges which shall set forth in ordinary and concise language the acts or omissions with which the respondent is charged, to the end that the respondent will be able to prepare his defense.
Revocation, or revoked: The license or registration is revoked as a result of enforcement action rendered by the Board. No practice is permitted.
Suspension: The licensee or registrant is prohibited from practicing for a specific period of time.
Stayed: The revocation or suspension is postponed, and the licensee or registrant is put on probation.
Probation: The licensee or registrant may continue to practice under specific terms and conditions.
Voluntary Surrender / Surrender of License: The licensee or registrant turns in the license or registration while charges are still pending. The right to practice is ended.
Public Reprimand: The licensee or registrant is issued a letter of reprimand resulting from an enforcement action or pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 495.
Effective Decision Date: The date the enforcement action goes into operation.
Writ of Mandate: The licensee or registrant has appealed the Board's Decision to the Superior Court.
Stay: The Board or Court has ordered the Board's Decision to not be enforced pending further action.