ALERT: Effective January 1, 2018, the titles for Marriage and Family Therapist Interns, and Professional Clinical Counselor Interns will change. More Information

Change of Address or Name Change

Change of Address

Address changes must be reported to the Board, in writing, within 30 days after the change. It is important that the Board have your current address of record. Without a valid address, the Board may not be able to reach you regarding any notifications which may affect your license or renewal.

In addition, licensees and registrants address of record is public information and is released to the public upon request.

If you have an address change, our Forms and Publications page contains the form you can download or if you would like more information, contact the Board office at (916) 574-7830.

Name Change

The Board updates its records to process a name change that has been submitted by a licensee or registrant if the name change is the legal name for all purposes. Name changes must be submitted in writing with the supporting documentation accompanying the request. The Board will only accept the following supporting documentation: marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order.

A licensee or registrant may apply for a license or registration replacement document to reflect the name change by completing the Application for Replacement Document and submitting the appropriate fee.

If you have a name change, you can download the form from our Forms and Publications page or if you would like more information, contact the Board office at (916) 574-7830.