Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) Information
Which Pathway is Right for You?
- Information on LPCC Scope of Practice, and Treatment of Couples or Families
- LPCC License Path
- Out-of-State Applicant
Out-of-State Degrees ONLY:
You must submit syllabi for all coursework listed on the Degree Program Certification form and the Remedial Coursework Certification form, (For MFT or LCSW "Grandparenting" applicants, this syllabus requirement only applies to coursework listed under the "Required Education" and "Remedial Coursework" sections of the application form), except as specified below:
- If your degree was conferred in 1983 or later AND at the time of conferral, the degree program was CACREP accredited, then you DO NOT have to submit syllabi EXCEPT for coursework listed as meeting the "Diagnosis" core content area, however, the Board may require submission of syllabi after evaluating your application.
- What you can do when the Board requests Course Syllabi
Examination Candidate Handbooks are available on the Forms and Publications section for the following exams:
- LPCC License Path - California Law and Ethics Examination
- LPCC Candidate Handbook for State Credentialing for the NCMHCE
Updates to this page will take place periodically, so please check back frequently or sign up for the Board's email Subscriber's List for update notifications.