Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) Information
Which Pathway is Right for You?
- LPCC Licensure Pathway Overview
- Grandparenting Path
- Traditional License Path
- Out-of-State Applicant
- LPCC Nine Core Content Areas
LPCC "Grandparenting" Period Has Ended:
The LPCC "Grandparenting" period is over and the Board is no longer accepting "grandparenting" applications. If you submitted your application on time but have deficiencies, including deficient documentation, then the Board's evaluator will notify you of this deficiency and you will have one year from the date of this notification to remediate these deficiencies and submit the required documentation.
Out-of-State Degrees ONLY:
You must submit syllabi for all coursework listed on the Degree Program Certification form and the Remedial Coursework Certification form, (For MFT or LCSW "Grandparenting" applicants, this syllabus requirement only applies to coursework listed under the "Required Education" and "Remedial Coursework" sections of the application form), except as specified below:
- If your degree was conferred in 1983 or later AND at the time of conferral, the degree program was CACREP accredited, then you DO NOT have to submit syllabi EXCEPT for coursework listed as meeting the "Diagnosis" core content area, however, the Board may require submission of syllabi after evaluating your application.
Examination Candidate Handbooks are now available on the Forms and Publications section for the following exams:
- LPCC GAP Examination
- LPCC "Grandparenting" Jurisprudence and Ethics Written Examination
- LPCC "Traditional" Path California Law and Ethics Examination
Please Note: All applicants for the LPCC program should allow for a significant delay in processing. The Board is currently unable to provide an estimated length of time for processing applications. Applications are generally processed in the order of date received, but the more complex evaluations may take more time. You will be notified in writing once your application has been evaluated and/or of your initial eligibility to take the examination.
Please continue to check the Board's Web site for future updates relating to LPCC implementation.
Updates to this page will take place periodically, so please check back frequently or sign up for the Board's email Subscriber's List for update notifications.