Online License Verification
Information related to the Board’s online license verification
Breeze Online Services
- The Board utilizes Breeze Online Services for online license verification
- Updated daily, to allow consumers to view accurate, up-to-date license information
- Uses true and accurate license records, provided by the Board
- Includes Disciplinary actions
- Operated by the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- Screen prints of license are acceptable for most verification purposes
- The Board’s license records are derived from primary source documents
- Disciplinary actions become operative on the effective date (see link for exceptions)
- Human or mechanical error remains possible
- Information updates may be subject to delays
The license renewal fees have been paid and continuing education requirements (if applicable) have been met.
Licensee is deceased.
Renewal fees and compliance with the continuing education requirement (if applicable) are past due; or the licensee/registrant has chosen not to renew. Note: The license/registration is expired, and no practice is permitted while the license is delinquent/expired.
Licensee may not practice in California. Note: Licensee is exempt from complying with the continuing education requirements.
License is in retired status and the licensee is exempt from renewal requirements. No practice is permitted.
License has been expired for at least five years and is not renewable; the registration has been automatically canceled upon issuance of a license; or has reached its 3-year limit. Pursuant to AB 1677, Ch. 657, Stats. 1999, the Board no longer registers Professional Corporations, therefore all professional corporations on this website reflect a "canceled" status.
Continuation of license is denied. No practice is permitted.
- CE/P Not Adequate:
Renewal fees may have been paid; however, licensee has not provided a declaration of completion of the required amount of continuing education pursuant to Section 4980.54 of the Business and Professions Code.
- Renewal Incomplete:
Renewal fees may have been paid; however, the licensee has not complied with all the renewal requirements.
The license or registration is revoked because of disciplinary action rendered by the Board. No practice is permitted.
- Voluntary Surrender/Surrender of License:
The licensee or registrant turns in the license or registration while charges are still pending. The right to practice is ended.
The licensee or registrant may continue to practice under specific terms and conditions.
The licensee or registrant is prohibited from practicing for a specific period.
- 150-Day Temporary License:
Licensee issued a temporary 150-day license pursuant to licensee issued a temporary 150-day license pursuant to Section 11350.6 of the Welfare and Institutions Code
Definitions of the Board’s terms, displayed as the status of a license, upon lookup.
Individuals licensed by the Board, may request an official certification of licensure for a fee
Uses & Information
- Used to verify licensure to other states and employers
- Official written document containing the Board's seal
- Considered legal certification of licensure
- Includes present status, disciplinary actions, license method, and renewal/expiration information.
Submitting Requests for Certification
- Must be received certification requests in writing
- $25 fee, per certification, payable via check or money order to “Behavioral Sciences Fund”
- Request for License or Registration Certification (Form)
- Allow 4-6 weeks for processing
Out of State Certifications
Documents from other states, requiring the Board’s certification, must include:
- $25 fee for each form requiring certification
- The specific address, to which the Board shall forward the certification
- Allow 4-6 weeks for processing
- Detailed Payment Summary