California Board of Behavioral Sciences
The BBS is responsible for consumer protection through the regulation of Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT); Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW); Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP); Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC); MFT Interns (IMF); Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW); and Professional Clinical Counselor Interns (PCCI) in the State of California. It is one of the boards within the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
Due to fiscal year-end reconciliation, the BreEZe Online Renewal system will be temporarily unavailable
June 30, 2015 from 7:00 pm to 2:00 am.
- Examination Restructure Information
- BBS Winter Newsletter is Available!
- Your Input is Needed!
The Board is seeking relevant feedback on your supervision experience.
BBS has formed a Supervision Committee in an effort to conduct a holistic review of the current requirements for supervised work experience and for supervisors. The Committee will focus on establishing standards for supervision and supervisors that will ensure consumer protection without impeding the licensure process.
Your participation will greatly assist the committee in making future decisions. Your effort in this survey is voluntary and all responses are anonymous.
- Urgent Notice to CE Providers and Licensees:
The Board has gained approval of its new Continuing Education regulation. This will result in upcoming changes for Continuing Education Providers and Board licensees.
- Click here for more information if you are a Continuing Education Provider
- Click here for more information if you are a Board licensee.
- Expert Consultants Wanted
The Board is recruiting expert consultants for the Board's Expert Witness Program.
- Subject Matter Experts Wanted
The Board of Behavioral Sciences is recruiting licensees to serve as Subject Matter Experts to participate in written examination development workshops.
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
Translate this site:
This Google translation feature is provided for informational purposes only as DCA is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. Please consult a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
- What's New!
- Board Meetings
- Board Performance Statistics
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Consumer Complaint Form
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- License Verification
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Recommended Links
- Statutes and Regulations
- Subscriber List