Reminder to Renewing Interns and Associates:
LAW AND ETHICS PASSING SCORE REQUIRED FOR SUBSEQUENT REGISTRATION
Applicants who obtained a subsequent (2nd or 3rd) ASW, IMF, or PCCI registration anytime during 2016, must pass the California Law and Ethics Exam, in order to renew their registration in 2017.
In addition, on or after January 1, 2017, applicants for subsequent ASW, IMF, or PCCI registration must pass the California Law and Ethics Exam, before a subsequent registration may be issued.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences
As an entity of the Department of Consumer Affairs, the Board of Behavioral Sciences (Board) is responsible for consumer protection in California, through licensing and regulation of Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC) and Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP). The Board registers and regulates MFT Interns (IMF), Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW), Professional Clinical Counselor Interns (PCCI) and Continuing Education Providers (through June 30, 2017).
BBS "Breeze" Online services enable you to:
- VERIFY a license or registration,
- FILE a complaint against a licensee or registrant.
- RENEW your license/registration,
- SUBMIT a Change of Address
- REQUEST a Replacement or Duplicate Certificate
If you need technical assistance with BreEZe please call 855-227-9633. Assistance is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except Holidays).
- BBS Newsletter - Winter 2016
- Continuing Education Changes for CE Providers and Licensees:
- Click here for more information if you are a Continuing Education Provider
- Click here for more information if you are a Board licensee.
- Expert Consultants Wanted
The Board is recruiting expert consultants for the Board's Expert Witness Program.
- Subject Matter Experts Wanted
The Board of Behavioral Sciences is recruiting licensees to serve as Subject Matter Experts to participate in written examination development workshops.
Translate this site:
This Google translation feature is provided for informational purposes only as DCA is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. Please consult a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
- What's New!
- Board Meetings
- Board Performance Statistics
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Consumer Complaint Form
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- License Verification
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Recommended Links
- Statutes and Regulations
- Subscriber List