California Board of Behavioral Sciences
The BBS is responsible for consumer protection through the regulation of Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT); Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW); Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP); Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC); MFT Interns (IMF); Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW); and Professional Clinical Counselor Interns (PCCI) in the State of California. It is one of the boards within the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
BBS "Breeze" Online services enable you to:
- VERIFY a license or registration,
- FILE a complaint against a licensee or registrant.
- RENEW your license/registration,
- SUBMIT a Change of Address
- REQUEST a Replacement or Duplicate Certificate
If you need technical assistance with BreEZe please call 855-227-9633. Assistance is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except Holidays).
- Continuing Education Changes for CE Providers and Licensees:
- Click here for more information if you are a Continuing Education Provider
- Click here for more information if you are a Board licensee.
- Expert Consultants Wanted
The Board is recruiting expert consultants for the Board's Expert Witness Program.
- Subject Matter Experts Wanted
The Board of Behavioral Sciences is recruiting licensees to serve as Subject Matter Experts to participate in written examination development workshops.
Translate this site:
This Google translation feature is provided for informational purposes only as DCA is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. Please consult a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
- What's New!
- Board Meetings
- Board Performance Statistics
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Consumer Complaint Form
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- License Verification
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Recommended Links
- Statutes and Regulations
- Subscriber List