To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record, and the most recent list is published on this page.
To promote public protection and consumer education, the Board’s enforcement actions are public record. Consumers may view pending and prior enforcement actions by looking up a licensee or registrant on the Board’s license verification page.
A written statement of charges which shall set forth in ordinary and concise language the acts or omissions with which the respondent is charged, to the end that the respondent will be able to prepare his defense.
An Administrative action, usually including a fine, for violations of the statutes and regulations enforced by the Board.
- Effective Decision Date
The date the enforcement action goes into operation.
The licensee or registrant may continue to practice under specific terms and conditions.
- Public Reprimand
The licensee or registrant is issued a letter of reprimand resulting from an enforcement action or pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 495.
- Revocation or Revoked
The license or registration is revoked as a result of enforcement action rendered by the Board. No practice is permitted.
The Board or Court has ordered the Board's Decision to not be enforced pending further action.
The revocation or suspension is postponed, and the licensee or registrant is put on probation.
The licensee or registrant is prohibited from practicing for a specific period of time.
- Voluntary Surrender/Surrender of License
The licensee or registrant turns in the license or registration while charges are still pending. The right to practice is ended.
- Writ of Mandate
The licensee or registrant has appealed the Board's Decision to the Superior Court.
Enforcement Actions - April 2018
- Sachiko Kinoshita Cohen, LMFT 42498
- Julieanne Collins, LCSW 14731
- Larry J. Gillham, LEP 634
- Lajean Griffin, LMFT 40242
- Kathryn Christine Herrera, LPCC 1100
- David S. Hersh, LMFT 2773
- Patricia G. Ortiz, LCSW 70130
- Randi L. Steinman, LMFT 38875
- Joanne S. Williams, LCSW 22409
- Petition to Revoke Probation
- Chevvy C.W. Cheung, LCSW 27845
- Melva Eugenia Nickleberry, AMFT 73922
- Rachel C. Spencer, LMFT 45518
- Accusation and Petition to Revoke Probation
- Edward Gallegos, AMFT 71751
- Guillermo Jesus Alvarez, LMFT 43100 and LPCC 1067
- Carla Jeanne Black, LMFT 44511
- Christine Maralynn Brewer, LMFT 33146
- Harry Chandler Kirschner, LMFT 37962
- Krystal Jacinta Clampitt, ASW 75878
- Dagoberto Gabriel Fuentes, ASW 65397
- Scott Duncan Gilliam, LMFT 43242
- Donna Marie Gugliotta, LMFT 32855
- Christopher Michael Gutierrez-Lohrman, LEP 3042
- Bryanne D. Lujan, AMFT 83536
- Accusations and Statement of Issues
- Celeste Marie Penrose, AMFT 76344 and LMFT Applicant
- Peter M. Bernstein, LMFT 7549
- Kelly-Jo Chastain-Carlton, LCSW 21057
- Melissa R. Hazen, LMFT 35012
- Melissa Catherine Merrill, AMFT 88054
- Patricia Ann Reynolds, APCC 1722
- Mark Ronald Sabo, AMFT 83627
- Richard King Sinkiewicz, LMFT 48353
- Sheila Rae Smith, LMFT 3328
- Zulekha Pearl Williams, APCC 5103
- Lonnie Omer Woodley, LEP 2441
- Online Complaint Form
- Consumer Complaint Form and Authorization Release
- Section 801, 802 - Report of Settlement, Judgment, or Arbitration Awards
- Section 803 - Reporting Requirements for Court Clerks
- Section 805 - Health Facility Reporting Form
- Section 805 - Health Facility or Peer Review Reporting Form