Reminder to Renewing Interns and Associates:
Registrations expiring on or after July 1, 2016, cannot be renewed until the registrant has taken the law & ethics exam (APPLY).
LAW AND ETHICS PASSING SCORE REQUIRED FOR SUBSEQUENT REGISTRATION
In addition, on or after January 1, 2017, applicants for subsequent ASW, IMF, or PCCI registration must pass the California Law and Ethics Exam, before a subsequent registration may be issued.
- AB 462 Signed—important Information for LPCCs and LPCC Applicants
- BBS September 2020 Newsletter | Text Only Version
- Criminal Background FAQ – AB2138 – Updated 7/27/2020
- Electronic Transcripts now being accepted
- 2019 BBS Leadership Accountability Report
- Pearson Vue COVID-19 notice
- Important SB425 Fact Sheet
- BBS January 2020 Newsletter | Text Only Version
- EXAM TRANSITION STATUS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS OPPORTUNITY
- BBS Exam Vendor Change – Updated 12.23.19
- SCAM ALERT FOR BBS LICENSEES
- New information for Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEPs) as Supervisors
- REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE NOTICE TO PSYCHOTHERAPY CLIENTS
- New Requirement for Existing Licensees and Applicants for Licensure: Suicide Risk Assessment and Intervention
- Applicants Licensed in Another United States Jurisdiction for at Least Two Years: Portability of License to California
- BBS Exam Vendor Change
Verify a License
To check the most recent information available regarding a license or registration, or to view public documents regarding any actions taken, please check the individual's license/registration status through the DCA License Search page.
A link to any available disciplinary documents will be listed below an individual's license status. If the documents are not available for a discipline related matter, please contact the Board's Enforcement Program.
Licensees and registrants may also use DCA BreEZe Online Services to request a replacement license/registration document, or change their public address of record.
The Manage License/Registration page contains additional helpful information for licensees and registrants, on the following:
- Status Changes
- Address Changes
- Name Changes
- Replacement Documents
- Certification of Licensure for Other States
Board and Committee meetings are open to the public. The Board actively encourages and promotes public participation at its meetings. Active participation by all the Board's constituents is critical to the success of the Board's mission. We hope to see you soon.
Subscribe to the Board's Email Subscriber List to receive notifications for future meetings and meeting materials. Notice Regarding Meeting Materials provides information on our subscriber list and meeting materials.
If you would like to be added to the Board's public mailing list to receive notifications of future Board meetings, Committee meetings, and regulatory hearings, please send a written request to:
Board of Behavioral Sciences
Attn: Public Mailing List
1625 N Market Blvd., #S200
Sacramento CA 95834